Tuesday 31 May 2016

Always with a Heart - Sketch 22, Groovi & Tinker N Co

Hello Crafty friends,

My friend Jules, over at Always with a Heart left me a comment on my blog post yesterday, which reminded me to go and check out her blog this morning.  I'm always inspired by her work, her sketches, her stories and her photography.  Everything is clean, neat and easy on my eyes.  Please pop over and take a look, if you've got a moment.

Today I noticed that she'd been given the opportunity by Tinker N Co Digital to do a "give away" to five of her blog readers.  I'd not heard of them before so I hopped straight over, using the link, as you do ;)!

I found the most gorgeous downloadable papers and more in store.  I quickly chose Two Little Birds, as I needed to make a couple of "new home" cards and I often think of birds when I'm wanting to make cards for people who've moved!

When I've got Jules on my mind, I hop straight to her sketches - for my card today I chose number twenty two!




I really enjoyed my morning making this card, it was nice to mix up my Groovi kind of cards with one of Jules sketches and the gorgeous paper I purchased from Tinker N Co Digital.

I did phaff a little though trying to attach the vellum - I decided to sew it on!  I used the Pergamano four needle tool to make the holes, they were a little bit too small really for my double thread, but I learned from it!

I cut the papers and wrote the sentiment with my Silhouette Cameo!

Hope I've inspired you to craft today.

Thanks for popping by.

Carole x








3 comments:

  1. Another inspiration from you Carole. Isn't that paper just darling! I'll have to go and have a look through. The Groovi system looks very promising and you really know how to use it! I'm so glad you are back posting on your blog, your new entries are the highlight of my inbox. Keep going Carole!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Carole. Thank you for popping by the Etsy shop.
    I love how you have layered the papers and i think the vellum really works. :) Always welcome at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole

    What a brilliant finished card.

    Thank you so much for the lovely "shout out". You are very kind.

    You bought a lovely download and used it beautifully. The softness of everything goes well will the vellum work.

    Pleased you are enjoying my sketches too. They speed things up considerably here.. .. no sitting pondering. I just pick a sketch and off I go.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete